Here you'll find answers to common questions handled by our support staff, along with some tips and tricks that we have found useful and presented here as questions. You can also find information regarding our pricing, licensing and technical support options.
1. How many people does it take to use this software?
We recommend 2 people, however as the stats recorder becomes more proficient in their keyboard skills as the season progresses, one operator may be sufficient.
2. Is the software accurate?
It is as accurate as the stats being entered.
3. Can I record opposition stats?
The current version has introduced a new facility to record oppostion stats.
4. Where are my backups stored
Backups are currently stored in the Program Directory, ususally located at C:\Program Files\Vital Stats\. Backups are time and date stamped and zipped.
5. What is a PDF file?
A PDF is a Portable Document Format. It is a technology for formatting documents so that they can be viewed, emailed and printed using the Adobe Acrobat reader. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader here (free download).
6. Can I print out individual player reports?
You can print out all reports, including individual player reports. The current version will also allow you to email all players their individual player reports.
7. Can I change the default hot keys?
Yes you can. We have created some defaults for you to get going with, but you can change the keys to suit your needs.
8. Is there a limit on the number of players I can enter
There are no restrictions on players and all fields are unlimited.
9. Can I enter finals as well as the regular season?
The software is not limited to regular seasons and finals and pre-season games can be entered.
10. Can I take stats for more than one team at the club?
Yes you can, however you will need to purchase multiple copies of Vital Stats.
11. Can I change player numbers?
Player numbers can be changed.
12. Why do we have ground conditions?
If you have a wet day you can go back to another saved game that was played in the wet & see who played well in those conditions.